The Department of Mechanical Engineering was Established in the year 2010-11, the department offers a four year graduate program in Mechanical Engineering with an annual intake of 120 Students meeting the global demands of engineers. The faculty in the department closely interacts with the industry and brings their experience to enable the graduates meet the global challenges.The department has state-of-the-art labs and equipment to facilitate students to acquire application skills. The department provides facilities for students to learn soft skills and achieve holistic personality. Student chapters of ISTE and institution of engineers (India) further hone Student's skills.
The Department strives to create Engineering professionals having sound technical knowledge with creative approach, who are competent to pursue diverse and successful careers in modern society
- To impart quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them competitive in mechanical engineering.
- To enhance technical skills and knowledge of the
students to match with the global needs particularly with higher studies, entrepreneurship and industry.
- To develop the students as career competitors by utilizing the skill and
excellency in the field of design, manufacturing and thermal engineering.
- o make the students to learn effective technical communication skills to face intellectual and ethical
career challenges after graduation.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments..
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The B.Tech MECHANICAL graduates will be able to:
- To provide students with a foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To inculcate students in machine design, product manufacturing and thermal engineering by adopting experimental, analytical and numerical techniques.
- To prepare the students for successful careers in higher studies, industry and entrepreneurship that meets the needs of Indian and Multi-National organizations.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Promotes the technical knowledge, skills and attitude for the requirement of industry and society towards Mechanical Engineering.
- Facilitate to Plan, design, develops and tests an energy efficient manufacturing system for required engineering applications.
- Nurture the students towards advanced design and analysis tools for mechanical System.