The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering was established in 2008-2009. The department offers a four-year graduate program in Electronics & Communication Engineering with an annual intake of 180 students and two-year Post Graduate program VLSI & ES with an annual intake of 18 students.
The department offers hands on training to the students to meet the requirements of industry through well-equipped and updated technological laboratories with state of the art equipment under the guidance of highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty.
To excel in education, research and prepare the youth for the benefit of the society and bring out quality professionals in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To impart quality technical education in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering to make the student a professional graduate engineer by implementing excellence in teaching learning.
- To train the students with latest technologies to meet the growing challenges of industry.
- To develop talented and committed human resources and provide an environment for innovative, creative team spirit and leadership.
- To equip the students with strong foundations to enable them for continuing education.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments..
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The B. Tech ECE graduates will be able to:
- Graduates will be successful as Professionals, Researchers or Entrepreneurs in Electronics, Information and Communication Engineering disciplines.
- Graduates will continuously be updated with the state-of-the-art technology through formal and informal education to provide sustainable solutions.
- Graduates will demonstrate ethical and social responsibilities as an individual and in a team of diverse culture.
- An ability to isolate and solve complex problems in the domain of Electronics and Communication by selecting appropriate hardware and software tools.
- An ability to design, develop and validate inter disciplinary products, process by applying the knowledge and skills of Signal Processing, Embedded Systems, VLSI, Networking and Communication Engineering..