Ours is a land where, from our ancestors treat Woman as Goddess. In this advanced world Woman provide a hand in hand in the process of nation building. Women are even at par with men. In the present Scenario, women have ample scope for the empowering of not only themselves but also the society as a whole. They are poignant ahead in all spheres of distant fields such as writers, lecturers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, actresses, astronauts and so on. In order to bloom women in the society and provide a serving hand government established a wing named National Commission for Women in January 1992 under the provisions of the Indian Constitution, as defined in the 1990 National Commission for the Women Act. Our institute also believes in giving due respect to women. Hence, a Women Welfare Sexual Harassment Eradication Cell is established in the college to endow with all the necessary encouragement to women to prove their capabilities and to enhance competence building.
As the Government of India has a view of ending all the violence against women, it has framed an Act, 2013 from the Indian constitution.
Therefore, the Institution has reframed the Internal Committee with the following members
Functions of the Women Empowerment cell
||Mrs.E V N Jyothi
||Mrs. K. Anusha
||Ms. G. Ramya
||Ms. V. Priyanka
||Mrs. A.Aruna Santhi
||Mrs. SK. Heena Kousar
||Mrs. G. Sreedevi
||Mrs. Divya Bharathi
- To organize meetings for girls and sensitize them on security measures and on their conduct and behavior, so as to avoid unseemly incidents.
- To ensure that girl students concentrate more on their studies and improve their personality development by the help of awareness programmes.
- To keep a girl mentor (who is an awakened girl student) in each class to guide others on proper lines and to bring sensitive matters to the notice of the Committee.
- To prohibit use of cell phones by the women students and to conduct surprise checks to detect use of cell phones and to take prompt follow up actions.
- To create a good vision for the girl students which make them to take part as a good citizen in societal building.
- To take effective measures in order to improve the academic standards and employability skills of the girl students in co-ordination with the Academic Committee and Training and Placements Department, as it will go a long way in empowering the women.
- To develop girl students as self-motivated, self-esteemed and self-disciplined persons. Also, to realize their aspirations by considering eminent women such as Sarojini Naidu, Mother Teresa, Chanda Kochhar, Aung San Suu Kyi etc., as their role models for their nurturing in their peaceful lives.
- To counsel the girl students by giving guidelines and tips to handle any embarrassing and sensitive situations, including ragging, teasing, harassing etc., intelligently and expertly instead of becoming a victim of such situations.