The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering has been established with core Research and Development in Power Apparatus and Systems. The Department offers full time UG and PG Programmes. Sixty students in the UG programme and eighteen students in PG specialization are admitted every year. Power Electronics is the PG specialization of the department. The Department comprises of highly qualified and efficient faculty members in which we see an utmost encouragement to the students. Class rooms are well equipped with the latest audio-visual equipment and modern laboratories. The Department provides adequate computing and sufficient library facilities. The Department has a stern Industry- interaction and also offers testing and consultancy services. The Faculty and students participate in National and International Conferences and present papers every year in reputed journals and International Conferences. In order to enhance the quality of faculty, periodic training programmes are being conducted by inviting eminent personalities from Industry and Academic Institutions and sponsoring the Faculty for various Faculty Development Programmes. The students are encouraged to conduct Intra-Departmental symposium and National Symposium in order to enrich their knowledge with the latest advancements. The Department has a Hobby Centre created for the students for developing their innovative and novel ideas in the field of Research and Development.
To produce technically & professionally robust, self disciplined and motivated Electrical and Electronics Engineers to meet the future needs of the nation.
- M1. To prepare the students with strong knowledge in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
and multidisciplinary problem-solving skills.
- M2.To encourage the students to apply the science and engineering principles with creativity for
the technological advancements in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- M3.To prepare the graduates a life- long learning in discovering new knowledge for the
- M4.To motivate the students in research oriented approach to meet the emerging demands of the
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments..
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The B. Tech ECE graduates will be able to:
- Graduates with a comprehensive understanding in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals, to widen analytical skills and to solve the real life problems with flourishing career in electrical and electronics industries
- Graduates of the programme will continue to expand their knowledge and skills during their career.
- Graduates will exhibit assessable progress in the fields they opt to practice
- Graduates of the programme can work in teams discharging societal responsibilities as engineers following ethical practices.
- Ability to apply the professional core theories and process to choose the sustainable control, Measuring and drive circuitry for the specified upcoming fields.
- Ability to design, simulate and find optimal solutions for various industrial and societal Problems related to electrical and electronics engineering.
- To prepare the students to succeed in competitive examinations for higher education and Employment related to Electrical and Electronics Engineering.