The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 2008-2009. The Department offers a four year graduate program in Computer Science and Engineering with an annual intake of 120 students.
To prosper as a competent professional in the field of computer science and engineering for serving industry and Nation's socio-economic progress.
- To impart quality education by implementing state-of-the-art teaching-learning methods to enrich the academic competency.
- To inculcate in the students to pursue careers in industry, academic and research.
- To enrich the aptitude of the students in computer science and engineering to face real world problem.
- To foster computing skills with an emphasis on professional competency, interpersonal development and ethics.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments..
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The B. Tech CSE graduates will be able to:
- Gain Successful Professional career in IT industry as an efficient software
- Succeed in Master/Research programmes to gain knowledge on emerging
technologies in Computer Science & Engineering.
- Grow as a responsible computing professional in their own area of interest with
intellectual skills and ethics through lifelong learning approach to meet societal needs.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment by learning and
employing new programming skills and technologies.
- Ability to use diverse knowledge across the domains with interpersonnel skills to deliver the Industry need.